We are glad to announce that more than 100 papers have been accepted for presentation at the Mid-term Conference 2018 of the ESA Research Network 27 “Southern European Societies” SOCIAL STRUCTURES, CULTURE AND INSTITUTIONS IN SOUTHERN EUROPEAN SOCIETIES (Catania, Sicily, 4-6 October 2018).
Both the preliminary programme and the sessions programme prior to registration have been published on the web page of the conference: http://www.esarn27catania.info/programme/
On the programme you can find:
- The timetable of the conference
- The plenary sessions (“opening”, “keynote address” and “plenary roundtable”)
- The practical workshops (“workshop for publication options” and “workshop for PhD students”)
- The list of the sessions (titles of the sessions and tentative distribution of papers and sessions in timeslots)
The final allocation of papers to specific sessions will be done once the registration process is completed.
We can confirm the participation of experienced researchers in our sessions.
- The keynote address will be given by Maurizio Ambrosini, one the most acknowledged Italian sociologists working on migrations.
- The main plenary session will be arranged in collaboration with ESA, the RN26 “Sociology of Social Policy and Social Welfare” and the Italian Sociological Association (AIS). We can confirm the participation of Sue Scott (ESA president), Enrica Amaturo (AIS president), Anneli Anttonen (RN26) and other colleagues.
The mid-term conference of the RN27 will be held back-to-back with the mid-term conference of the ESA RN26 and with the mid-term conference of the Italian Sociological Association. We believe that it is a great opportunity for networking and exchange of ideas with many fellow sociologists.
During the conference we will discuss the possibility of publication options with the new book series “Southern European Societies” (by Edward Elgar) and some journals collaborating with the RN27.
Please, don’t forget to register before the 15th of September. You can find the form and the instructions in the PDF attached and at the web page of the conference.
Attendants interested in the activities of the RN27 that do not present a paper are also welcome to get registered.
We hope to see you all in Catania.
For more information about the ESA and the RN27, go to the following link: