Call for bids to host the next ESA RN 23 Sexuality Mid-Term Conference 2023
The Board of the European Sociological Association Sexuality Research Network 23 (ESA RN23) solicits bids to host the network’s next mid-term conference in 2023.
Every two years approximately, ESA RN23 organises a mid-term conference. This is a major opportunity for scholars, activists and policymakers in Europe and beyond to meet and discuss research on sexualities and related topics, leading to new developments in sociological sexuality studies.
Are you an ESA RN23 member and are you interested in organising the next mid-term conference?
You might recall that we were half-way through organising a mid-term conference in Coimbra, Portugal, in 2020, when we had to cancel our plans due to the pandemic. Therefore, we already have a call for papers that could be re-issued, given the large interest it received (see below).
In the past, the conference attracted between 60-120 attendees, and it lasted 2 full days. Through ESA support and available RN23 small funds, we are able to cover catering costs and other administrative expenses. The host is not required to incur in any extra costs.
For those who are interested in hosting the conference in person, we would need a large plenary room (able to accommodate approximately 100 people), and 2-3 seminars rooms that can be used at the same time, as well as a space for coffee and lunches.
Please, consider the questions below and express your interest to us no later than Monday, 5th December 2022 at this email address: email@example.com
1. Describe your institution or organisation and why you would like to host the next mid-term conference.
2. What facilities do you have at your disposal for organising the conference and making them an accessible and safe place for everyone?
3. Would you like to host the conference in person, online, or both (hybrid form)?
4. When, in 2023, would you be able to organise the conference?
5. Do you have experience in conference organising? (Keep in mind that our RN Board will assist you throughout the process).
6. Does your institution/organisation have any additional funds (e.g., to support scholarships for ECR/precarious scholars) or available accommodation? These are not necessary, but it’s good for us to know!
7. Do you wish to propose a title/theme for the conference, or would you be happy to re-issue the call we had previously advertised (see below), or an amended version of it?