The first International Conference Sociology of Education in Southern Europe: a step forward (SESE Conference) is the result of an in-progress scientific network among Sociologists of Education in Southern European countries.
The initiative is promoted by the ‘Sociology of Education’ Section of AIS (Associazione Italiana di Sociologia) in collaboration with: Association Française de Sociologie (Réseau Thématique ‘Sociologie de l’Education et de la Formation’); Associação Portuguesa de Sociologia (Secção de ‘Sociologia da Educação’) and Federación Española de Sociología (Comité de Investigación de ‘Sociología de la Educación’).
The SESE Conference aims at sharing theoretical and empirical contributions on Sociology of Education from a Southern European perspective and addresses these general questions:
- Can we identify common or different educational issues and patterns in Southern European contexts?
- Can we share interpretive frameworks for a better understanding of education in these societies?
- Can we define common solutions for the main educational problems?
- What is the relationship between the social scientists’ location in the South and their research work or their theoretical frame?
For the paper sessions, scholars in Sociology of education, and other educational and social sciences, coming from any countries, are invited to submit proposals for single oral presentations, that would:
1) address socio-educational problems in Southern Europe;
2) reflect on theoretical or methodological issues,
3) assess policies and design solutions, from a Southern perspective.
The abstract must be sent by the 9th of February 2020 to the following mail address: sese.milan2020 @ gmail.com.
It must be written in English and should include: – Title – Author(s) and institutions – Correspondent author’s email address – Structured synthesis of the contribution: aims and relevance, methods, results (300 words max + 5 keywords).
The Scientific Committee of the SESE Conference will select abstracts for oral presentations. Priority will be given to submissions that have a clear link to the conference theme.
The submitters will receive notification by the 1st of March 2020.
Registration should be done on the Conference website by the 1st of April 2020.
The final Program of the SESE Conference will be online after the 1st of May 2020.